Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Summer of 24

Whew... is it hot in here or it is just Kiefer Sutherland? I have a bit of a crush on him right now. I even have a screen saver with him handing a flower to me every day. Steve asks me, "Did you get your flower from Kiefer today?" Of course I did, he never forgets.

How many years have I been hearing how "wonderful" 24 is? But did I really want to commit? I mean, I'm already overextended as it is, what with all the reality TV that keeps me busy; "American Idol", "So you think you can dance", "Dancing with the Stars", "Hell's Kitchen", and "Survivor". And that doesn't even include the MUST SEE shows like "Battlestar Gallactica" and "Lost". So yes, I give a bit more consideration to what I am willing to add to the lineup. But then there's the summertime, all the big shows are on hiatus, not much good on in the evening and so I decided to take advantage of it.

I joined Netflix and started from Season I to find out just what was so all-fired wonderful about "24". The times I have flipped channels and accidentally landed on "24", (remember the inability to commit) Kiefer Sutherland was yelling and holding a gun on someone and squatting behind a car. I do remember him being a good actor in other movies, so I know he has more range than that. I just hadn't seen in yet. Well let me tell you I am forever hooked! Yes, he yells a lot and kills rather randomly, but his sense of patriotism and commitment to this country makes up for all of that. You know the people he killed had it coming anyway! I really am not a fan of violence, but this story line is so compelling. And you can't help but think that Jack can do no wrong. Why doesn't everyone listen to him, he's always right! OK, so there's some torturing that goes on and maybe he bends a few... well, ALL the rules, but it's for a good reason. Really.

I have completed Seasons I-IV and am about 1/3 of the way through Season V. What will I do when I catch up and can't get that instant fix?! I will be in the same boat as the other 24-ers and just have to wait for Season VII to start in January 2008.

What series are you considering putting in your lineup? Are you a 24 fan?

1 comment:

Lacie said...

Ok...Are you ready for this? Little House on the Prairie is the series of choice these days!

With two young children and not a lot of spare time we find we watch TV as a family. K. loves the horses and all the kids in it and I love the memories that flood back to watching it during my childhood. We too are Netflix members and have used it to start with season one of LHOP.

I have heard 24 was GREAT! Well, along with many other shows we are NOt watching! LOL! Maybe someday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!