Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Folk Art, Primitive Art











Lately my tastes have turned to Folk Art and Primitive Art. Yesterday I found this adorable "Boo" piece which is so folkart-ish. I love the feel of it. It's dark, yet sweet and quirky. It's one of my favorite things now.



I have also discovered SuziBluTube. She is such a talented artist. Her work is shown in the middle above, "Sirene". Visit her blog and you will have so much fun! She makes vlogs (video blogs) of herself working on the pieces that she sells. She has also started "Inspire Me Thursday" and is publishing a vlog each week with an exercise in making art in an Art Journal. No previous experience required! You must watch at least one of her videos. She also has some of her artwork for sale on ebay.

Another favorite seller on Etsy, whom I discovered by accident, is "The Black Apple". The little girl in the tree above, is a print I purchased from her Etsy store. They are so quirky and innocent and sweet. I chose this one with the pink background to match my pink scrapbook room. But I also just loved the little girl being cradled and protected by the tree.

So this is how my taste has change recently. Click the two paintings above to be directed to SuziBluTube's blog and to "The Black Apple" Etsy store. You won't be disappointed.

Blessings


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!