We got home this evening from Georgetown, and I wanted to share some pictures from our Thanksgiving day, yesterday.
There are traditions that must be followed each time we visit Gramma and Grampa. These traditions were set in stone before they moved away, and are still in place today.
1. The wooden blocks must be the first toys out and Nathan must repeatedly build castles. After said castle building, the tradition of seeing who can stack the blocks the highest and who will try to knock them down ensues, this is followed immediately by someone crying or becoming angry because their stack was knocked down. At which point Nathan builds another castle and the whole cycle repeats.
2. The guys automatically find themselves at the computers discussing technology, stocks, current events, computer problems, etc. This is a must, for their own sanity, they remove themselves from the clamor of the children.
3. Meanwhile, Gramma and I fuss around in the kitchen preparing food while the boys keep themselves busy playing Playstation and GameBoy Games. Chloe keeps herself busy taking photos, she's my helper.
4. We all sit down to a wonderful meal, made with love.
I'm hoping this is the last year of the "kids' table", I think they are able to sit with us now and enjoy the meal together.
5. Everyone must discuss how sleepy they are after the meal and how Triptophan in the turkey causes this effect. Mandatory nap shown in action, below:
SIDE NOTE: Don't be fooled by the lovely over-stuffed chair. It looks innocuous enough, but it has the power to send anyone who sits upon it into a deep sleep. DO NOT sit in this chair while operating heavy machinery, until you see how your body reacts to it.
6. For those of us who are scrapbookers, the following photos must be taken. One of each child with the grandparent(s), whichever photo is convenient to take at the time, while the kids are cooperating. This year it was Gramma.
All in all it was a fun visit and we loved seeing Mom and Dad again.
Leafing through Ijams - *•* *Extra! Extra! What were WBIR Channel 10 Live@5@4 host Beth Haynes and I talking about this afternoon?* *Could it be the "Leafing through Ijam...
1 week ago