Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Joint Affair...

What would you do if you knew you only had 3-4 hours a day of good energy? Laundry? Housekeeping? Hobbies? Spend time with kids? Work?

That's the question I face almost everyday. And today, especially. I have been having joint pain throughout my entire body the last week or two, and today is the worst. When you wake up tired, where do you go from there? Each week that goes by I realize I am able to get less and less done. I'm not usually a complainer, but it worries me. I worry about the future.

Today we didn't go to church, I stayed in my pj's and went back to bed around noon. I do a little laundry or picking up and then rest again. I don't even feel like doing the things I enjoy.

I am seeing my Rheumatologist tomorrow morning and she will let me know what my bloodwork shows. This is my quarterly checkup for my MCTD (Mixed Connective Tissue Disease).

I want to enjoy life, I'm tired of my kids seeing me in bed all the time, and I'm tired of being in bed. So today I am complaining.

Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

2 comments:

Charlton said...

I hope you get to feeling better. Maybe the doctor will be able to do something to help. I laid around all weekend and did nothing, but I chose to do that. I can't imagine not having the energy to get up or do much else!

Holly said...

I'm sorry it's been one of those days. It must be so discouraging to only have limited spurts of energy--and having to make choices of how best to spend it.

I hope your Dr. visit goes well and maybe they have some new treatments/medicines.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!