Tuesday, February 19, 2008

So it's come to this...


"Beck, I'll pay you $20 to play with me." said Nathan.
Beck replied, "Make it $23 and I will."

What a heartwarming little transaction I just overheard. It just sends my heart a-flutter. NOT!

I always thought the great thing about having 3 children in 3 years was that they would always have someone to play with. But I've been noticing a trend lately... they don't want to play with each other, they want to play with me. EACH one, INDIVIDUALLY, usually at the same time.

Now, I just know I'm not that entertaining. I don't run, I don't really know how to make cool robot sounds or build castles,
and I'm really not into fencing with the homemade swords. My knees are too stiff to sit on the floor for any length of time. And forget about getting up and down easily.

But what if they actually live with another kid, around the same age, who liked the same things. What a concept! Do you think they would enjoy playing together? Logic says it would be a built-in playmate for life!

Seems like reality and logic don't always sync up.

Oh well, maybe I will start charging them to play with me.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!