Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What fun!


The joke of the day was that he had to stand in front of a pink wall all day with the word "She" on it. Here he is trying to cover up the "s".


Have you ever gotten to meet, or better yet, take a class, from someone "famous" in your realm of hobbies?

I have followed Tim Holtz for years with his DVDs, books, appearances on the Carrol Duvalle Show, paper and embellishment lines for scrapbooking, etc. Anything I could get my hands on. He has a wonderful "grunge" feel to all of his work, and uses lots of found objects. Very "artsy"!



Tim (I can call him "Tim" now!) is standing next to me. I left him and myself colored on the photo.


I was fortunate enough to take a hands-on class from him this past weekend at By Design Scrapbook Boutique in Clear Lake City. He was great and such a good teacher. We created a clear acrylic album using his alcohol inks for painting the transparencies. The class was called "Windows and Words". I was not disappointed. I learned new things about his products. And I got the chance to tell him how much I loved his DVD.

So, he's not famous to everyone. But in my world, he is.

Who is famous in your world that you have gotten to meet?

1 comment:

Daesha said...

I ran smack into Bill Belamy, host of Last Comic Standing, last month. He's really tall, so it was kind of nose to belly-button. He was as nice as could be and he apologized. That's my brush with fame.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!