Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring Hopes, Eternal


Chloe enjoyed taking pictures of Spring yesterday after school. I think she did a great job with her pictures. If anyone can find a bug, caterpillar, or other insect, it will be her. I love to see that she appreciates the beauty of nature. She loves the little creatures God made, and she loves the flowers and the trees and the plants. I don't think I was that observant of what was beautiful when I was 10. And she's been that way since I can remember.

One time she had a little hairspray lid and there was a bug in it. She would talk to it then hold it up to her ear and listen to its response. I think she was 3. I knew then that she would have a special bond to the little creatures. And she still does. Right now there is a jar of dirt with who knows what kind of things are in it, beside her bed. She takes them to sleep with her at night. Sometimes it will be a frog, sometimes a lizard, often times it's just roly poly's or caterpillars. (I did put my foot down about the frog business when I found a big one in the kitchen, yuck!!)




Here's to hoping for a Spring, eternal.

1 comment:

Teri said...

Tell Chloe these are great pictures. She sounds like my kind of girl, except for the frogs and lizards in the house. lol :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!