Wednesday, June 30, 2010

One more time!

When Chloe was 3 we were at the mall and she saw a young girl getting her ears pierced. I think she liked the attention the little girl was getting so she said she wanted to get her ears pierced, too. I took advantage of her being willing, even though she didn't really know what was involved. So she sat in the chair and didn't seem at all worried about what was coming up. And suddenly, CLICK, both ears were pierced at the same time. There was a look of surprise on her face as one huge tear rolled down her face. And then it was over. As time went on, she didn't like sleeping in her earrings and she cried when I would change them. So we just let them grow back. I was afraid she would never want to get them pierced after that.







Well, lately she has been considering getting them pierced and this weekend she was ready. She and I went to the mall in Murray and found a Claire's. By the time we got there she had already talked herself out of getting it down. I was determined NOT to push her. I told her we would just see how much it costs, see how they do it and then we would have the info for when she was ready. And that's what we did. But we did stay in the store and look at earrings and after about 10 minutes of that, and seeing what she would be able to wear eventually, she was ready to get it done!

1 comment:

Charlton said...

Congrats Chloe! I've been saying that a lot lately! ;) Now I know what kind of little things to get her for Christmas! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!