Sunday, July 4, 2010

Friends with Benefits....


Fireworks benefits, that is! Since I didn't buy any fireworks it was nice to sit outside and watch the neighbors light theirs. We weren't allowed to have fireworks in the city but out here in Utah country, it's the thing to do! There must be one firework stand on each corner of the main intersection in "downtown" Heber. Plus, they are being sold in the supermarkets. And still I didn't get the hint.

Since the 4th fell on a Sunday, all of Utah is celebrated on Saturday the 3rd. Well, that leaves us "sinners" who will still celebrate on the 4th anyway. So we just got on extra celebration in. Then come to find out... the biggest celebration of all is right around the corner! July 24th is Pioneer Day in Utah, the founding of the state. I've been told it's an LDS (Mormon) celebration, but my Mormon friend told me it's considered that because the founders were LDS. So I guess we can celebrate it any old way we want, for whatever reason. So MORE fireworks to come!!



Parker and Roy, the 4-year old twins next door, just love Chloe!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!