Monday, September 24, 2007

Just call me "Xena"


When I was pregnant with Chloe I really wanted a unique name for her, but also sweet. I loved the name "Chloe", but Steve wasn't exactly sold on it. I made a deal: he could choose the middle name if I could have Chloe for the first name. I mean, who even uses their middle name? I don't even remember my nephews' middle names or friends children's middle names. So no harm. Deal made, and her middle name became Xena (pronounced Zee-na). And yes, it was because of the "Xena Princess Warrior" TV show.

When she was about 6 months old I had an ID bracelet made for her at James Avery with her initials. I got a call when it came in and the lady wanted to verify that it was no mistake that one of the initials was an "X". No mistake, chalk it up to Steve's overactive imagination.

This school year (grade 3), when the teacher had each student write their names and then the name they go by, guess what Chloe wrote.... Xena. So I start seeing her papers come home and the name Xena is at the top. Her take-home folder is written by the teacher's hand "Xena". What's up with that? I ask and Chloe, or should I say, Xena, told me that she told her teacher she goes by Xena. So now the whole class is calling her Xena. I called the teacher recently and introduced myself, "This is Rhonda Davis, Chloe's Mom." There was a moment of silence on the other end of the phone, I could hear the wheels spinning in the teacher's mind. "Oh, I mean, Xena," I said. I told her that she has never used that as a first name and we had a good laugh over it. But guess what? The teacher is still letting her use Xena.

Oh well, who uses their middle name, right? I asked Chloe if she planned this in advance or it came to her on the first day of school. It was planned. That girl, she is too funny.

Blessings

1 comment:

Lacie said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! i started laughing and couldn't stop. i then read it to trey...it is even funnier when you read in our loud!

That story is pricless! LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!