Monday, September 10, 2007

Sick Day


Poor Chloe! She is hardly ever sick, but she started having a cough, runny nose and lots of sneezing over the weekend. She stayed home with me today. She thinks it was the best day ever, because she had me to herself.

She wasn't bedridden or anything, I just wanted to her get a little extra rest today, but we did end up going to the library and the bookstore. And we had lunch at Johnny Tamales (or "Jolly Tamale" as the kids said when they were younger). Sounds like a pretty good sick day, doesn't it. :)

Unfortunately, as hungry as she has been all day, nothing has tasted good and everything has smelled horrible, when she could smell. So she is still hungry and we have tried all of her favorites. I asked her if she thought maybe the things she doesn't like would taste good today, since the opposite has been true. lol

I remember a day when I was in high school when I stayed home "sick". Not really sick, but still didn't feel well. Coincidentally, Marsha stayed home the say day, for the same reason. Mother worked at the bank at the time. During her lunch break she went and bought a Christmas Tree (yes, it was Christmas time) and the three of us put it up. Marsha and I decorated the tree that day and enjoyed just being home together. And even though Mother was at work, I still felt like she spent the day with us. Funny, isn't it.

I know Chloe will feel better tomorrow. Isn't it great to be able to look back on a sick day with fondness. :)

Blessings

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!