Thursday, September 13, 2007

What to do, what to do....

I am really enjoying the days I don't work. The kids are in school, Steve is at work, and I can hear the quiet. Well, unless you count 5 cats scurrying and scampering about. A couple of them are even noisy when they sleep, especially Dusty, the Persian. He snores.

Today is one of those days I love. No commitments or appointments, and plenty of projects to get finished. And the great part is I have deadlines, so I can't procrastinate any longer.

Freedom. Aren't we blessed and privileged to have choices to make. I am thankful. Sometimes I feel guilty to be so privileged in a world where so many suffer. I am far removed from war, famine, abuse and a nation ruled by an iron fist. Even the crimes which affect suburbia seem foreign. But I am not blind to the fact that life can change in a second. And I and my family are not immune.

So today I feel thankful for a calm day, for a list of choices to make, all of which I enjoy, and for freedom. But most of all I am thankful for a God who loves me deeply and unconditionally, and who blesses me more than I deserve.

Blessings

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!