Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Maybe I am a Good Mother

I had to drop off lunch money for Beck and Chloe this morning. Ahead of me in the office was a little boy who looked about 7 or 8. He was just coming to school, it was 11:00 a.m. The secretary asked him if he was sick this morning. He said no, his Mom just slept late.

O.K., I know there could be a number of excuses to justify this, but I could tell from the secretary's response that this wasn't anything new.

I have my own issues with Adult ADD, it's evidenced when you see my home and my car, the messiness and disorganization, but my kids aren't late for school. There is the occasional "Beck had a meltdown and we couldn't get him settled down in time to get them to school before the bell rang" episode. I've even had mornings where I've been sick and throwing up and still gotten them to school.

So I am using this little tidbit to make me feel better about all of those times I forgot to send a note, or forgot to sign a paper, or didn't get the permission slip turned in on time. And there are those time that we've lost a library book or two, and of course the occasional picture day that we forgot. Oh, and then there was the time in Kindergarten that Nathan was the only child not wearing a white shirt for the aerial photo, and Beck was the only child whose picture wasn't in the class roster at the end of the year. And I'm not that good at remembering to bring special items for carnival or field day. And PLEASE don't depend on me to be any sort of room Mother or party planner. And did you know that you are supposed to check those backpacks EVERYDAY!!??

I'll take the little tidbit of another Mother sleeping until 11:00 hoping that it covers a multitude of my mistakes. But who knows, I've probably just given a number of other Mothers reason to feel good about their parenting skills.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!