Thursday, October 4, 2007

"Out Back"


I wish I were talking about Australia, but unfortunately I'm referring to my back going out yesterday. Like any other day I reached down to pick up Beck's backpack and :::sproing::: my back totally seized up on me. I thought that surely it was just a kink I could walk off in a few minutes, but no such luck. So I've been trying not to bend and picking things up with my toes and having the kids be runners for me for things I need. They have been very good sports about it. But how do you do the laundry and clean the kitchen when you can't be anything but straight up and down?

Chloe tries to support me, which is hilarious in itself. She tries to push me from behind, like that is the way to get me going again. But she is a sweetie. I do believe she will be a wonderful caregiver someday, whether by vocation, avocation or pure circumstance. I know I want her by my side when I am old and crippled. Oh wait, that was today. Well, good thing she was here.

I'm hoping for a near full recovery tomorrow {fingers and toes crossed for good luck}. I will be working and on my feet all day, and then working all day on Saturday. Back, don't fail me now!!

G'day Mate

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!