Saturday, October 6, 2007

Back Sprain


So I went to work yesterday, hobbling in with my back crooked, trying to look straight. I got a stool to sit on while checking out customers. Of course, there's still a lot of walking involved with helping people, etc. By 1:30 I could hardly walk upright. I made it to my car, I couldn't even carry my bag of paper, and called ahead to let Steve know I would probably need helping getting out of the car. He was home yesterday, thankfully. He helped me out and I immediately took 2 Vicadin and one muscle relaxer. Four hours later, still no relief, just a fuzzy head. I felt like I was having back labor pains, with no relief. (If you've ever had back labor, you know what I'm talking about!)

I went to the urgent care clinic and was told I have a sprained back. Sprains affect the ligaments, while strains affect the muscles. I got a new muscle relaxer and more Vicadin and was told if I didn't feel better in a week that I would need x-rays.

A WEEK!!?? I can't imagine being like this for a week. So now I am taking it easier. The muscle relaxer is working better than the one I had. I get some relief and am able to walk around a bit when it has kicked in. Poor Steve, he had lots of work to do this weekend, but now he is having to do the laundry and feed everyone. But he's a trooper. I'm still keeping the kids busy with little chores, and they seem happy to help.

So that's where I am today. I hope to have a better report in the coming days.

Blessings

1 comment:

Heather's House said...

oh girl. I am so sorry. I hope you are feeling better today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!