Sunday, March 16, 2008

Final Clue...




O.K., this final clue is a "gimme". Did you guess?

My parents will be celebrating their 50th Anniversary March 19, 2008. We (my brother, sister, and the grandkids) are giving them a party on April 5th. We are so excited about it. And I can't wait to share photos when I get them.

What an accomplishment to be married for 50 years in a world where everything is disposable, expires, or wears out. I am wearing their golden anniversary proudly. It's not many people my age who have both parents still married to each other. And there will be fewer and fewer as the decades go on.

Who knew that a 17-year old young girl and 20-year old boy would make such a life for themselves on the day that she skipped school to elope with him. What a wonderful gift my parents have given us in these 50 years; an example of commitment and enduring love.

If you received an invitation, we sincerely hope you will join us to celebrate. It will be fun and uplifting and we promise not to try to make you cry! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!