Monday, April 7, 2008

Before and After


Today is the last day of Steve "before". He is having TMJ surgery tomorrow morning (Tues.). He has been preparing for it for almost 5 years with braces.

His upper and lower jaws will be cut apart and restructured. Sounds awful, doesn't it! His face will be in bad shape for awhile. Swollen like a balloon, so I understand.

We have to leave at 6:30 in the morning and I won't be able to get the kids ready for school beforehand. So Nathan is responsible for making sure Beck and Chloe catch the bus on time, and then getting himself to school. We have stressed to them repeatedly, how much we are counting on them to be good. This made it even more meaningful, when Chloe showed me what she had written on her hand, to remind her. "behave, Dad surgery, 6:30". Isn't she cute!

Please pray for Steve's surgery and subsequent recovery. And pray that I have enough strength and energy to take care of everyone afterward.

I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Teri said...

Wow! That sounds like a horrible surgery and recovery. I'll be thinking of you all and remembering you in my prayers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!