Tuesday, December 16, 2008

From Hurricane to....


SNOW!!?? And they say global warming is a myth.

But what a treat the snow was! It started out spitting sleet and ice then gradually it turned into big, fluffy soft snowflakes.

In case you aren't a local; we don't get snow here (south Texas near the Gulf Coast). I can count on one hand the number of times it has snowed in this area in my lifetime. Let's see; 6th Grade - 1973, 2004 and 2008. Maybe there's another time I'm not remembering, but you can see how hard it would be to forget, considering the novelty.




There was a happy face there before I took the picture.
Beck hates having his photo taken.



What I love about falling snow is how quiet it makes everything sound. It's a natural muffler, if you will. (That doesn't sound very poetic, does it!) I love how peaceful it makes the world seem while it is falling. And the air of excitement when it falls in this area is really special.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!