Saturday, December 27, 2008

Post-Christmas



What a great Christmas we had this year! The kids were so happy with their gifts. It was a different sort of Christmas for Nathan. This is the first year he didn't get any real "toys". He is a teenager now, you know. He got mostly electronic stuff, so he found himself not knowing what to do when his brother and sister were playing with their toys. I explained to him that now that he is getting older it won't be the same sort of "toy Christmas". His gifts will probably be a little more pricey, and there won't be as many of them. To be honest, he was a bit bummed at first. But I think he started to realize how nice it will be to have his stereo he got, instead of some Legos, for instance.









Then off to my parents for our Christmas lunch and exchange.





I think it was the most fun one we've had in years. No one was rushed, we took our time opening gifts, by generation. Youngest first, then oldest, then the others followed. I felt so happy at the end and had a warm glow inside. Our family has our new baby to watch grow and it was all just a huge blessing to me. I hope they all felt the same.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!