Monday, January 11, 2010

January 5th, my baby is 11.

Since we have moved it has brought in to sharp focus for me how little time we have left to shape and influence our children. I guess because right now there's no ho-hum, same as always, days. Everything is new. There isn't the cone of protection around the kids anymore now that they are in new schools, away from our support system and trying to build a new routine. Maybe it comes down to feeling vulnerable to the world around us.

Here's my baby. Chloe turned 11 on Jan. 5th. She is growing up to be such a sweet young lady, full of compassion and concern for others. She loves animals, and is an expert on any given topic concerning them. Even if she has to sort of make it up as she goes. :::wink, wink:::

We got her a nice, grownup digital camera. She loves taking pictures. Now maybe I can get my camera back. haha!



Here she is reading her card from Granny.



We went to a really good Mexican place here in Heber City (yes, in Utah!) for her birthday celebration. It's right in front of Steve's office building. Gloria, the owner, knows Steve from his frequent visits during the last six months. He has eaten many a meal there alone, and with work friends.




What we didn't know was that on Tuesday nights they have a clown to does face painting and balloon animals. She made Chloe a flower hat which was really cute.



She also does things for the "older" children in the restaurant. Hello Kitty, per my request.



We love you, Chloe! And I can't wait to watch you grow and mature. You are so sweet!






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!