Thursday, March 11, 2010

I miss my Mommy!


It's been hard to be away from my family. Has it really only been 10 weeks?! Seems like years, really! Thank goodness we can email and text and phone without worrying about long distance charges. That tides me over most of the time. I can sort of "pretend" that it's just like when I lived nearby and we just didn't have the time to get together. But even then, I needed to see my parents at least every couple of weeks. Going longer than that was just too long.


When I was 24 I moved to Tennessee, as a young, single adult. I knew three people there. I started a new job, made good, lifelong friends. I lived there for 5 years before moving back to Texas.


But this move has been harder for me. I think it's because I have children now. I don't have the distraction of a job. And the responsibility of the whole family is easier to bear with extended family nearby, I think.


Or maybe it's because those deep roots are more painful to dig up than the shallow roots of a 24-year old.


Maybe it's harder because I'm older and don't feel as invulnerable as most 24-year olds are apt to feel. When the kids have a bout of missing a certain friend, I like to say, "Well, I miss my Mommy." It sort of helps to put things in perspective, I think. It's my way of saying, you know what? You still have me and Dad.


So Mother, finish drying your eyes, after reading this and feel free to check those airline availabilities. Anytime now would be great for a visit. We miss you all!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!