Monday, March 8, 2010

Step Back in Time....



When I was little I remember our parents dropping us off at the local theater in Pasadena, TX. By "us" I mean my sister, brother and me. I was young enough that I didn't know you couldn't put pennies in the drink machine. But not so young that I didn't know the manager was irritated at me for putting pennies in the machine. Can you imagine today dropping three elementary kids off at the movies by themselves? I'm sure someone would be arrested or at least questioned if it came to light. Times were different.




But if you fancy going back in time to when there was only one movie playing at the one-screen cinema in town, come visit us in Heber City, UT. Actually, we have two, one-screen theaters. I think they are owned by the same people. They are about a block and a half apart.

And do you remember when one of the theater workers would make announcements about what was playing and what was coming next to the one-screen theater? Yep. They do that here, too. Only now it's updated to ask you to turn off your cell phones.

Each theater plays once a day during the week. Avon is at 7:30 p.m. and Ideal is at 6:30. They do offer a matinee on Saturdays, as well. Pretty easy schedule to keep up with, I'd say.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!