Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cancer, schmancer!

I am so sick of this greedy, epidemic monster called cancer! I am angry over the lives it takes, over the sickness and the ugly transforming power it has over the lives of those I love. Not a one of us has enough fingers and toes to count down all of the people we know who have been blighted by this oppressive illness. I am ANGRY!

My dear friends Steve and Mandy are struggling. Mandy sent me a picture of Steve she took yesterday. He had a stem cell transplant a couple of months ago and is fighting leukemia. I can't even see him in the picture. He is bald, emaciated, pale. Where is that bright look in his eyes? How can that be my dear friend? They have left their home, children, jobs and everything that is comforting to save his life at MD Anderson. They have each other. And that is enough for them right now.

I find myself wondering who is next? Me? My children? My husband? My family? It's like Russian Roulette, but all of the chambers are filled.

Dear Lord, I know you can bless us even through the worst of situations. This life is a vapor, but you know that we hurt and we are human, and get stuck in what is now. Please bless those I love who are fighting this horrible disease. Please show me what I can do to be a blessing in their lives. Please help me to understand and accept that this world is not perfect. There is disease, hatred, ugliness in every corner. Help me to shine your light. Help me to go beyond the anger and the hurt and make a difference. In Jesus's name, Amen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!