We are so excited about our upcoming move! This will be our new home as of October 28th. The front of the house doesn't face the road, but you can see from the pic below that the side of the house does.
Once again, by a fluke (like how I found my job), I did a search on the internet without giving it much thought and found this house listed. It is 3-story, 5-bedroom, 3.5 bath. And the price was too good to pass up. It is only 4 years old. The owners are needing to move to Park City where they both work. They are from Russia and came to America 12 years ago. He works for the Olympics designing and creating Luge (sp?) tracks and he is a trainer for the Luge athletes. I am happy that they are very laid back about find renters. And they are lucky to have found renters they can trust. We signed a contract before leaving when we saw the house.
These are the things I am SO looking forward to about the new home:
- Beck will have his own room again.
- Steve will have an office again. No more gaming until 4:00 in the morning while I am trying to sleep.
- I will have a craft area!
- We can bring in all of the things that have been stored in the garage since January.
- There are two living rooms.
- It is on a quiet street. Our portion of the street is probably not used except by the neighbors.
- I won't hear big trucks passing by in the mornings. It sounds like they are driving right behind my head where we now live. It took me months to get used to the sound and not wake up every time I heard one. Although, I am still aware of their passing.
- There is a big, pretty kitchen.
- There will be room to get away from each other!
- And room to all get together.
- And here's a good one: no yard to take care of! It is maintained by the HOA.
- The only thing across the street is a beautiful view of the mountains and the lake.
I'm hoping we won't have to move again for a long, long time. Maybe this can turn into a rent to own situation. The couple seem very easy going about everything. They haven't even cashed our check yet, which is a good sign.
So that's our latest news. Looks like we are here to stay, but I already kind of figured that out. I still can't believe we live in Utah, but it is becoming home.