Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 Blog Recap

Below is the first sentence of the first post for each month of 2010. It's nice to look back and see what I was ranting or raving about. Or just wanted to share. (Nice for me, anyway.)

January 2010: I will never catch up with this blog!
We had just moved to Utah on January 1st. And it was too overwhelming to think of trying to catch up with the previous months. So I did what we always tell people who want to start scrapbooking: start with where you are. You can always go backwards when you have time. It's good advice!

February 2010: It occurred to me the other day that some of my favorite things lately are what I got for my birthday.
Don'tcha just love birthdays! Especially when you get really cool gifts!? BTW, I'm still rockin' the white coat, white boots and white watch. Just this evening a gentleman came in the store and told me how cute my boots were. LOL! Sort of took me by surprise. Also, BTW, my next birthday is just two weeks away. I will be in the final stages of turning 50.

March 2010: Since we moved I don't have my craft room anymore. So I've been trying to keep my hands busy doing things that don't take up a whole room!
Well, now I have a craft room again. And I'm still spending more time knitting and crocheting than crafting. I even made most of my gifts that I sent back home.

April 2010: I decided we needed to do something on the last day of spring break.
I don't even want to think about all of that coming up again! It's hard to keep everyone occupied. These kids just want to be on their computers. Well, look at that, here I am on mine, too.

May 2010: At least I am hoping and praying that it's a step in the right direction!
Career Step was what I was blogging about. I started the online Medical Transcription program. I am halfway through and have until April 20, 2011 to complete the course (without paying for additional access). Turns out I got a job at Archiver's the month after I signed up. And then there was the summer when I just couldn't concentrate on it with the kids home all the time. So I am quitting my job next week and devoting full time to completing the course.

June 2010: Well, I am really breaking the rules here!
That might surprise some of you, but I am a rule breaker, at heart.

July 2010: Since I didn't buy any fireworks it was nice to sit outside and watch the neighbors light theirs.
We miss our neighbors at the townhouse. We loved the little twin boys who lived next door. And I missing hanging out with Barb and Anissa. It's just not the same when you aren't neighbors anymore.

August 2010: What a fun B&B my parents stayed at in Woodland, UT.
That visit from my parents turned around my whole attitude! It was so healing to be with them here, in my new state. And I didn't feel like we were so far apart after all. As I've told anyone who asks; it was the perfect visit! Loved every minute.

September 2010: Each year Midway, UT celebrates "Swiss Days".
Midway is always celebrating something! Now that we've been here a year I don't feel like the newcomer anymore.

October 2010: We are so excited about our upcoming move!
And for good reason! We are loving this house. It is so pretty and so comfortable, and so big. Thank you, God!

November 2010: So 15 years ago, on the 15th of November, our Nathan came into our lives.
Yea, he's pretty special. He told me today, "You need to start your own business. It will be really good for you. I don't know how, but it will. And I will help!"

December 2010: You know how parents are always saying, "It seems like just yesterday..."? Well, there's a reason for that.
Wasn't it just yesterday that I posted that?

Happy New Year to you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!