Friday, February 11, 2011

I've fallen victim...

Steve came and picked me up for a nice little lunch today. He caught me right as I was cleaning the last of the 4 toilets that we have. I could hear him come in the door. I heard the footfalls ascend the stairs (I was in the basement). Then descend the stairs (I was still in the basement). Then a smattering of steps to and fro. And just as I finished rinsing the tub I began climbing the stairs to meet him halfway. "Were you following the trail of my nonexistence again?" I asked him. He happily replied that that was exactly what he was doing.

After a bit of the usual discussion of where we should eat, we did what we always do, and got in the car anyway, not knowing where we were going to end up. We ended up where we often do, at The Galleria. Spaghetti and salad for $6.95. And it's good! We ate and enjoyed a bit of conversation here and there. We discussed the perils of making the trip back to the car over the icy parking lot. We buckled up and headed for home. I looked at the dashboard of Steve's car and exclaimed, "Two o'clock already?!" Those four bathrooms took longer to clean than I realized, and I must have spent way too much time online before that. Only one hour before all the children get home and my day starts over again.

Oh well, only one thing to do... sit down and check Facebook and browse some crochet-related websites. That must have been about an hour ago. And I just looked at the clock on my computer and it was 2:02. What?!

Dangit, I've fallen victim again to the man who never changes his clocks when daylight-savings time rolls around.

Thanks for the extra hour, Steve.

He giveth and he taketh away; in this instance he taketh and then giveth.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!