Friday, April 20, 2012

So Proud

It's every parent's dream. Someone else sees the the good in your child. What you've seen since they were born. You spend their formative years nurturing those qualities. Oftentimes they are hidden beneath insecurities, foibles and idiosyncrasies. And then your child turns a corner and starts to bloom.

So often this last year, or so, I look at Nathan and think, "Wow, he has really matured." or "He's so smart, it's scary!" Or, "Hmm, so that's who you are." And surprisingly, I realize he's a lot more conservative than I thought he would be.

When I got this note in the mail the other day I was happy to see that someone who mentors Nathan sees the good that we know is there. It's heartwarming. It's encouraging. And I thought I would share.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!