Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Toooooooot! (A Little Late)


After Ladies Bible Class this morning Kim and Tamara and I were discussing how to keep all of those wonderful school pages and drawings that your kids do throughout the years. This brought to mind a page layout that was inspired by one of Chloe's school papers.

Chloe ran out of time to complete her test, so she just started filling in the blanks with the words that were left. I'll never forget pulling that out of her backpack and reading those funny sentences. I knew I had to do something with it, and it needed to be special.


This scrapbook page was born.

Be sure to click on the photo to see the page up close.
Read the answers to questions 10-12.


Where the "Toooot!" comes in is that it was published in a publication called "Scrapbook Answers". I'm tooting my own horn here, a couple of years late. But our conversation reminded me of it, and I just wanted to share.





















Page in magazine, with quotes from moi. Cover of issue in which it appeared.

P.S. Don't be afraid to "stage" photos for your scrapbook pages. I had the paper that she brought home, but no visual to go with it. I had this page idea in mind and had Chloe pretend to be working on a paper for school. I took about 70 photos in a matter of minutes and got this perfect little split-second of pure concentration on her face. No one would ever know.


I have more ideas to share on a later post about how to preserve those school memories and drawings. What do you do with your child's papers?

1 comment:

Holly said...

Feel free to toot your own horn anytime! I enjoy hearing about and seeing the fruits of your creativity.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!