Monday, February 15, 2010

Closed on Sundays

One of the most annoying things I have found about living in such a small town is the need to drive 30 miles in either direction to find a craft store. And if you know me, you know I am crafty.

I don't really mind driving 30 minutes to Orem or 30 minutes to Park City or 60 minutes to Salt Lake City. BUT, it's not the number of miles, it's the miles in the number.







Sometimes severe weather interferes with my plans. Sometimes I drive through it anyway because I just have to get out.



However; these conditions never change. For a Texas girl who is used to driving in flat, heavy, Houston traffic a 6% Grade would normally mean that I failed a test. In Utah, however; it means watch your speed! Keep your foot near the break! Don't look at the beautiful mountains and by all means, watch for ice! And lots of praying that the tires are in good condition.


Or how about this one? To be honest, I found this Utah sign on the internet, but I can just imagine trying to get to Michael's or Joann's and going through this stretch of road each time. A crafter's nightmare!


And sometimes it seems like this. Looks like I'm not the only one who feels that way.
But I digress. The point of this post was "Closed on Sundays". So, keeping in mind the road conditions and variables, of course I would check to see if Michael's and the other crafts stores were open before driving the distance. I looked online. Looked up the specific store we were headed to. "Sundays 10-7" is what it said. Right there on the internet! The internet is the place we go to get the information we need. It has to be right! But. it. was. not.
I'm not up for the trip again today. But guess what. I am going to have a nice little chat with the manager next time I go. And maybe soon "Closed on Sundays" will be listed in their stores hours online.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!