Monday, March 1, 2010

Knit, Purl, Single Crochet, Double Crochet, etc, etc.,


Since we moved I don't have my craft room anymore. So I've been trying to keep my hands busy doing things that don't take up a whole room! I've always wanted to learn to knit, and I've finally gotten it down pretty good. The dishcloth above is knitted. I did finish it by the way.



Then I started feeling guilty about not finishing Mackenzie's christening gown I was crocheting in the tiny thread. I was almost finished, and then life got hectic, and now she has outgrown the gown. So I found the pattern for the little dress (above) here . She has some cute patterns.


Charlton was sweet enough to take some pictures when Mackenzie tried the dress on. Such a great feeling that it fit perfectly!
Did you notice the little socks that I crocheted a trim to match? Well, that all got started when my sister said, "You should get Rhonda to make some beaded socks for Mackenzie." I had totally forgotten about making beaded socks for Chloe when she was little. I even sold them on Ebay for awhile. So that was my new mission.
I bought a pack of 10 pair of socks, loaded up on miscellaneous beads and went to town! Below is the package of socks that Charlton got for Mackenzie today.


The bottom pic is my favorite pair that I made. Click here to see an adorable video of Mackenzie "trying out" her new socks.



So that's part of what's been keeping me busy these days. I miss my scrapbooking and my scrappy friends. I miss the local stores where I worked and shopped. But this is the best I can do for now. I have to keep my hands busy somehow!!



5 comments:

Teri said...

These are so sweet and she's such a cute model.

Momma said...

Thanks for making the socks for our sweet baby...her showing them off makes me smile! Her momma had to take the socks off AFTER she went to bed last night.

I heard she wore the pink pair to school today.

I love you!

Charlton said...

your favorite pair is mine also. those are actually the ones she's wearing in the video. Her teacher at school said she was shaking her feet at snack time and all of the kids had to look under the table at her socks!

We love them! Thanks again!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PaisleyJade said...

Love the dress - very cute!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sign the Guest Book

Webkinz Visit Sleepyhead

Chloe and I made this slide show one day when Spike was fast asleep. He didn't move a muscle as she placed her Webkinz, one after another, on top of him. Sorry it's a bit slow, it's the fastest I could get it to go. Enjoy!